Monday, January 9, 2012

Week One

Pam Grout writes, "every dream that has ever tiptoed across your mind is a summons from God-a summons that says, 'I need you.'" She says that God intended for the world to have a creative gift and we are each an individual vessel for that gift. Now, I would not consider myself religious, rather spiritual, and I do feel like there is a higher power. I believe that art, in every form, is a gift to the world.

 As the song sings,"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine."

The project for this week is to make a badge that tells the world that I am on this creative journey. A create or die badge. I hung mine on our apartment door for all to see!

This guy is from a coloring book in the bar that we play poker at.






Here is a video of the final product.  (sorry it's sideways)

I want to do more paintings with neon/glow paint and see them under a blacklight...I have some ideas...

Some more fun stuff includes:

- Go to a thrift store and buy the most outrageous outfit you can.

- Learn three little-known facts about Martin Luther King Jr.
Did you know that MLK Jr skipped both 9th and 12th grade and went to college at Morehouse College without formally graduating at the age of 15!? 

- Make sugar cookies shaped like body parts.

Also, remember that all "real artists" are just like us, just as human. Steven Spielberg says that everyone has insecurities. It's like having big ears - it doesn't change just because you win an Oscar.  

I am excited to follow Pam Grout's weekly projects :)  

1 comment: