Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Beginning

This blog is going to be year-long journey of creativity.

This year for Christmas, my sister, Terin, gave me a book.  This book's cover looked so familiar.  There was a handwritten price on the inside cover which I was sure I had seen before.  However, when I started to read this book, I could not remember ever reading it.  This book is the inspiration for this blog.  Art and Soul, 156 Ways to Free Your Creative Spirit written by Pam Grout and published in 2000 is going to guide me for a year and hopefully improve my creativity.

As it turns out, I originally bought this book at a thrift store and never read it.  It sat on my shelf for a few years while I moved away.  Terin saw it and thought it was something I may be interested in... I'd say she was right :) I immediately felt connected with what this author had put on paper.

This book is a year-long journey created to tap into your creative soul.  Each week there is an inspirational message and a creative project.  There are also some extra "fun stuff" ideas.  My plan is to follow and complete these projects and share my experiences and creations with you.  Pam Grout calls this "Richard Simmons for the brain."  I am going to show up and just do.

I've always been "creative."  I have done ceramics for several years.  In college I created scrapbooks every semester.  In recent years, I have begun to paint.  I also work more than full time as a mother/baby nurse and take graduate classes part-time online.  Sometimes I feel so tired and unmotivated to create things in my off time.  I am hoping this year can motivate me to create the art that is inside of me.  I need to share it with the world.

I will start officially in 2012.

B-Day card made for the first Christmas Baby 2011 

Jack-O-Lantern JJ and I made for Halloween 

Probably my best piece so far.  I made this for my mom's b-day.

1 comment: