Monday, January 30, 2012

WEEK THREE

Week Three!

I admit, I have been procrastinating this post. I just have not been feeling creative about this week's activity...but I will get to that in a minute.

Tina Turner says that the real power behind her success is "a little piece of God just waiting to be discovered." She says that it is in all of us. Pam Grout says we are all creative. I absolutely agree! JJ always says he is not creative, however, a lot of ideas that I have painted or put into being have come from him!

He thought of the idea of black/white tie-dye.

Pam Grout says that the Big Kahuna must have been the Big Creative Kahuna and S/he must hold creativity high on Her list of credentials because who else made every snowflake unique? Or created more than 300,000 species of bugs! It is our right to create, our responsibility and even our destiny to do so!

We can be creative in our everyday life...Sing in the shower, write a joke on a dirty car, even different consequences for naughty teenagers can become creative!

Here is a fast and easy creativity test:

1) Are you breathing? Yes___ No___

If you answered "yes", you are highly creative!


The project for this week was a toughie for me:

Write and Tell a Joke

....I think I am funny sometimes...however, I do not come up with my own material...I usually make funny comments or gestures about other things that happen... Try as I might, I still can't create my own joke...So, I will share with you some of my own favorite jokes and a funny story...

"What do you call a nurse with a bad back? Unemployed"  (Or a teacher)

"A man was wheeling himself frantically down the hall of the hospital in his wheelchair, just before his operation. A nurse stopped him and asked, 'What's the matter?'
He said, 'I heard the nurse say, 'It's a very simple operation, don't worry, I'm sure it will be all right.''
'She was just trying to comfort you, what's so frightening about that?'
'She wasn't talking to me. She was talking to the doctor!'"

One of my co-workers told me this story a couple days ago:
Many times nurses will feel a loved ones veins when holding hands because we are used to finding good viens for IVs and blood draws.  This nurse was doing this to her fiance in the car and he became annoyed with her, saying "why do you do that!?"
She replied, "I'm sorry, they are just there. It's hard not too."
They kept driving down the road when all of a sudden her fiance just started feeling her up and she gave him a look, like "what the deuce?"
And he replied, "What? They are just there, it's hard not too."

Some other fun stuff this week includes:

-Invite someone from a foreign country to tea.

-Look through the want ads and find a job that you clearly aren't qualified for but might like if you were. Compose a cover letter telling your future employer why you'd like the job. Stick it in the mail with your resume.

-Make a puzzle.  (I may do this with one of my paintings on day!)

I am almost done with my first blacklight/neon painting...it should be done by Feburary. Pictures for next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment