Pam Grout starts week two out by talking about prevalence of suicide and women taking antidepressants... The main point she states is that "something sacred has been violated. The human soul has lost faith." She says that we have lost the ambition to dream and create things. Instead we order in and watch tv...and I do not disagree.
One of the main reasons I wanted to start a blog about this book is because I wanted motivation to stay creative. I feel better when I am thinking of new things and creating pieces of artwork. I definitely think that our society would be more inspiring and have a better, more positive spirit if we were more imaginative and active. It's one thing to think something up, but it takes action, and motivation, to actually make it a reality.
I have several ideas for paintings and my goal is to finish one new painting every month. I will be posting pictures of them as I finish them...keep posted!
I plan to answer the summons and produce the gift of art!
This week's activity is to create the name of your autobiography.
Some examples include:
The World According to Pam - Pam Grout
Me - Kathrine Hepburn
I, Tina - Tina Turner
If/when I write an autobiography, my title will be:
The Adventures of Julianne
Some more fun stuff this week:
- Invent a new type of soup
- Name a rock band
- Paint each fingernail a different color.

No comments:
Post a Comment